THIS WORKSHOP HAS BEEN POSTPONED UNTIL JUNE 2013
June 24-28, 2012: Tectonics in the Solar System: This professional development workshop is offered at TMI’s Spruce Knob Mountain Center and Fairmont State University (FSU).
- Learn with FSU Geo Science educators and WV K-12 science teachers.
- Explore geological formations around highest point in WV, the Spruce Knob- Seneca Rocks Area.
- Develop competence in field based teaching methods.
- Gain experience using field equipment for interpretation and analysis of structure and composition of landforms, outcrops, and rocks.
- Includes the study of basic geochemistry and hydrology.
- Design interactive models for mountain formation
- Night sky observatory explorations.
This program will begin with classroom sessions at the Fairmont State University campus then move to The Mountain Institute's Spruce Knob Mountain Center for field based studies and field trips. Teachers will be introduced to the Reading the Landscape curriculum. Participating teachers may sign up for our Reading the Landscape class field trips with pretrip visits included. See below.
For more information, please contact Kevin Stitzinger email@example.com or (304) 567-2632.
Ready to register? Click Here